TA meeting in the afternoon. Designed a floorplan and made logical effort calculations for the VLSI project. Recitation in the evening. Studied for the Microelectronic Circuits Lab with Chris in the evening. Learned to solve symbolic equations using my HP calculator.
I attended the early VLSI lecture so Adam and I went to lunch at Junior’s. Finished the first phase of the VLSI design project for Friday after nearly thirty hours of work. What a relief. I talked to Sarah over AOL when I returned home. Cool beans!
TA meeting in the early afternoon. Bruce, our Microelectronic Circuits Lab Teaching Assistant, signed my PGP key. It’s The Tragedy of the Commons. I spent the entire day working on the VLSI project, and made a fair amount of progress. The full adder is now functional, and uses a very efficient design from the Design of VLSI Systems online resource, Chapter 3. I feel bad about pushing the next phase of our Compilers project directly on to Ben, but I really don’t have time this week.
Made some revisions on Homework 9 and re-released it to the students.
Spent most of the day working on the VLSI final project. I finished up the 4-to-1 multiplexer using a clocked CMOS implementation, as well as a bit-slice of the shift register. Tomorrow it’s time to re-implement the full adder.
The clocks all changed. It rained all day today. That was pretty annoying. Adam and I went out and purchased an extra Playstation controller. Met with Chris in the afternoon and worked on our final VLSI project; the first of three phases in the complete project is due this Friday.
Lunch at Junior’s with Mitch. Gave the Fluxbox window manager another shot. Worked on Debian packaging, using the synergy2 package as a base. Installed the RadialContext mouse gestures extension for Firebird. Our second Microelectronic Circuits Lab Exam is next week.
No TA meeting in the morning. Recitation was cut short due to the football game, and I speedily covered basic object-oriented programming topics. Worked on Homework 9, and it should be released to the students sometime Friday night. It’s hard
The lack of interesting and exciting things in my life has been bothering me lately. I added a new feature to the website – an events section for upcoming activities. Hopefully it will get some use.
More work in Compilers today. Fixed some additional bugs with mutually recursive function declarations. Configured MATLAB to work with the Sun JDK.
TA meeting in the morning. The website was down this past week because of a cut fiber near the Psi Upsilon fraternity. I received the results of my first exam in Microelectronic Circuits Lab. I did well. Ben and I met after Compilers to get a big picture overview of the next phase of our Tiger compiler. In the evening, I worked on documenting code and fixing bugs in our type lattice.