Discovered the College E-mail Addresses finder. The entry for Georgia Tech was woefully out of date, however. For the remainder of the day, I wrote code for the online journal software. I modified the journal comment system to support a subset of the wiki-style tags using the PCRE functions in PHP, and also added a working user management system to allow members to comment on entries. Lastly, I added a
comments tag to the RSS feed.
The supported wiki rules for the comment system follow:
- New paragraphs are created by skipping a line.
- HTML code is not allowed by the wiki system, and is converted to a safe, plain-text representation.
- Surrounding a phrase with asterisk (
*), underscore (
_), or equals (
=) will bold, italicize, or codify a phrase, respectively.
- A hypertext URL is of the form
[ TB | [http://www.barik.net](http://www.barik.net) ]and results in the link TB. A URL without a name is not allowed.
- Lists, headings, tables, and other features are not supported, as they are typically not used in comments. I may, however, add in list support at a later date, as it’s a nice, non-trivial exercise in regular expressions.
- Only one post may be made per journal entry. This rule is enforced by the wiki system.